Nov 7, 2011, 11:48 AM EDT
It should come as no big surprise to the betting public that the Birds are the favorite tonight. It’s a primetime home game in the month of November, and if you pay attention to such matters, they’ve been favored it just about every game this year — even in the midst of a big four-game losing streak.
But -8… that might give even casual Vegas watchers some pause.
The Eagles-Bears line has been creeping up during the week, starting at -6.5 or -7 depending on the source, and finally appears slated to go off at -8. Any time Vegas likes a team by more than a touchdown and an extra point, that’s pretty heavily favored by NFL standards.
According to Sportsbook.com’s betting trends, that hasn’t stopped the public from going Philly. The picks are almost deadlocked, with 51% plunking their cash down on the Birds.
The 4-3 Bears did defeat the Eagles 31-26 in Chicago last season, on a sloppy field where the visiting team could not keep their footing, their number one cornerback being Dimitri Patterson on that day. The Bears always seem to play the Birds tough, but we’ll see how it works out at the Linc, against a much-improved squad in 2011.
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money