Jun 13, 2011, 12:28 PM EDT
Yesterday we stumbled upon a piece of music so beautiful, we were in complete and utter shock that we had not discovered it in the past. And make it our cellphone ring tone.
It’s a love song, but not just any love song. It’s a love song set in Philadelphia. And not in Philly’s uglier public spaces like Rittenhouse Square, Boathouse Row, or even Love Park. No, this love blossoms at the “our private concrete heaven” known as the 700 Level of Veterans Stadium.
It also contains Shakespeareanesque poetry, with lines such as, “The smell of your shampoo might mask a stadium of cat piss mixed with dried up beer.”
Some other highlights from the song:
-The male protagonist works at WaWa as a late night clerk
-She’s taking nursing classes at Temple
-He parks his mom’s beat up car under the ramps at FDR to save $8
-The Phillies were losing 8-0 to the Expos on their date, but they rally…
About the artists, from their YouTube page: “Dorooghtabatabaee and Smith are the acoustic comedy duo of Dan Smith and Xerxes Dorooghtabatabaee. Each has been writing and performing original compositions for several years, and their recent merger is sure to take your local deserted dive bar by storm.”
Truly fine work gentleman. Brought tears to our eyes. You’re a regular couple of young, romantic Bruce Springsteens.
|Phil From Mt Airy on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return