Oct 8, 2013, 12:23 PM EST
Here’s a fun little anecdote about Brooklyn Nine-Nine actor Terry Crews from the Daily News’ Molly Eichel. For those unfamiliar, before getting into acting Crews was attempting a career as an NFL player which included a brief stint with the Philadelphia Eagles back in the 90s.
Safe to say his football career was not going well. But staying at a Holiday Inn last night did not instantly turn him into the next Reggie White.
“For two weeks, I stayed at the Holiday Inn across the street from Veterans Stadium. I just remember it was Christmas Day. It was the saddest thing ever, that Holiday Inn. I was eating old sausage and two little pancakes. It was so sad,” Crews told me. “I was missing my family. We lost the game to the 49ers – it was a playoff game. I just thought, I don’t want to do this anymore. The excitement wasn’t there.”
Again, “it was Christmas Day. It was the saddest thing ever, that Holiday Inn. I was eating old sausage and two little pancakes. It was so sad.”
At least it helped him become a big acting star. Go read about his new comedy. Supposedly it’s pretty good.
|Steve on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Marvin Monroe on The ‘Group of Death…|
|MJS on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|TheDude on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages