Sep 18, 2012, 2:58 PM EDT
Andy Reid has been rocking a pretty fantastic mustache this season on the Philadelphia Eagles sideline. He’s been known to have a normal ‘stache for much of his career, but the tuft on his upper lip this season has grown particularly flowing/awesome. SI’s Peter King got the lowdown on the reason behind the growth.
According to King, Reid has been growing the ‘stache out to honor a man who coached him as a youngster that passed away recently.
Reid is growing the mustache as a tribute to high school offensive line
coach Andy Cheschelski, who died of cancer earlier this year in Los
Angeles. Reid played for two coaches, Cheschelski and his offensive
coordinator, Danny Hime, who had flowing mustaches. When Cheschelski
died this year, Reid told Hime he’d stop trimming the mustache to pay
homage to a coach who he says taught him much about football and about
A solid gesture from Big Red, for sure.
I think we can all agree that we all aspire to some day be honored by ridiculous facial hair.
>>Monday Morning QB (Tuesday) [SI]
|Scott B on What happens on April 4th,…|
|db21 on Safety First: Eagles agree to…|
|BS Bully on Ryan Howard Needs Surgery for…|
|Franchise on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return