Nov 12, 2011, 7:36 PM EST
That’s all we got, three goddamn wins? You can’t say “goddamn” on this blog. Don’t worry, nobody is reading anyway.
The juice is gone, Monday night’s loss to the Bears draining whatever backwash of enthusiasm remained at the bottom of most Eagles fans’ tanks. The Birds have to win today, then beat the Giants at the Meadowlands next week before we can even begin to entertain playoff scenarios again. Even then, Philadelphia would be a disappointing 5-5, with tough opponents in the Patriots and Jets ahead, not to mention road trips to Seattle and Dallas coming off of short weeks.
Which is why when the 2-6 Arizona Cardinals get destroyed at the Linc on Sunday, we don’t expect anybody to care.
I’m going to go out on a limb and predict this game will not be exceptionally close. Vegas likes the Eagles by two touchdowns. The Cardinals are likely without starting quarterback Kevin Kolb. They are a two-win team from the NFC West, a division that includes three teams with five wins between them. Arizona’s two wins this season were a fourth-quarter comeback against the equally hopeless 2-6 Panthers, and last week’s 19-13 overtime thriller over the 1-7 Rams — the same squad the Eagles mercilessly stomped 31-13 earlier. Oh, and rookie Patrick Peterson scored the game-winning touchdowns on punt returns in both victories.
So even though the Eagles have given us every reason to doubt them this season, all signs point to a W in this one. Now here’s another bold prediction: the post-game reaction.
These guys aren’t so bad!
They’re still shitty.
|dawkisgod on Video: If Chip Kelly calls a […|
|David Seasholtz on Looking back at Philadelphia p…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages