Dec 1, 2011, 1:35 PM EDT
For the 2011 Eagles, there’s hardly been an “easily winnable” game all season. It just so happens, this is one that scared me back when we thought this team was gonna be good.
Short week. Cross-country trip. Loud building. This had the makings of a trap game from the start, even if the Seahawks were 4-7 — which they are — and the Birds were swooping into town undefeated — which they very noticeably are not.
Now it’s not a trap game. It’s a “What the hell, you’re going to lose to this team?” game. I mean, the Seahawks — guided by Tarvaris Jackson, who is playing with a torn pectoral muscle — have the same record as the Eagles.
In fact, Jackson actually has one more win than Michael Vick as a starter this season. Yeah, we went there.
Meanwhile, the irritation level with this team could continue to rise tonight, if that’s indeed possible. The Seahawks boast one of the tougher run defenses in the NFL, tied for second while allowing 3.5 yards per carry, and LeSean McCoy is questionable with an unspecified toe injury.
That’s right, folks. The Vince Young aerial attack should be out in full force. By the way, what does DeSean Jackson have for a pre-game meal?
But you know who else will be out in full force tonight? The700Level.com. Even though the Birds are playing for pride, and secretly (or not) we’d all be thrilled with a top 10 draft pick at this point, we’ll still be out enjoying the game at the Misconduct Tavern.
If you’re free tonight, join us for $3 beer and snack specials. You could win a prize. We’ll even let you buy us drinks.
See you out there.
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money