Dec 1, 2011, 1:35 PM EST
For the 2011 Eagles, there’s hardly been an “easily winnable” game all season. It just so happens, this is one that scared me back when we thought this team was gonna be good.
Short week. Cross-country trip. Loud building. This had the makings of a trap game from the start, even if the Seahawks were 4-7 — which they are — and the Birds were swooping into town undefeated — which they very noticeably are not.
Now it’s not a trap game. It’s a “What the hell, you’re going to lose to this team?” game. I mean, the Seahawks — guided by Tarvaris Jackson, who is playing with a torn pectoral muscle — have the same record as the Eagles.
In fact, Jackson actually has one more win than Michael Vick as a starter this season. Yeah, we went there.
Meanwhile, the irritation level with this team could continue to rise tonight, if that’s indeed possible. The Seahawks boast one of the tougher run defenses in the NFL, tied for second while allowing 3.5 yards per carry, and LeSean McCoy is questionable with an unspecified toe injury.
That’s right, folks. The Vince Young aerial attack should be out in full force. By the way, what does DeSean Jackson have for a pre-game meal?
But you know who else will be out in full force tonight? The700Level.com. Even though the Birds are playing for pride, and secretly (or not) we’d all be thrilled with a top 10 draft pick at this point, we’ll still be out enjoying the game at the Misconduct Tavern.
If you’re free tonight, join us for $3 beer and snack specials. You could win a prize. We’ll even let you buy us drinks.
See you out there.
|White Catholic NE Ph… on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
|Ken on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
|willh888 on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
|Kevin V on Photo Essay: Patrick Chung wre…|
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages