Mar 8, 2012, 1:03 PM EST
For the first time ever, EA Sports allowed football fans and video game enthusiasts to select who would appear on the cover of its annual Madden NFL title last year. Michael Vick, the Eagles’ lone representative in 2011, fought valiantly until the final round, where a groundswell of support catapulted Peyton Hillis to victory, making the Browns’ running back perhaps the worst player to be honored in the cover’s rich tradition.
Vick is searching for vengeance this time around, but EA expanded the format from 32 to 64 players this year. Before he can return to the final round, Vick must first go through teammate LeSean McCoy, who is coming off of an All-Pro season.
Personally, we’ll be pulling for Shady. Vick already appeared on the cover with the Falcons for Madden ’04, and he is coming off of a disappointing season. McCoy just completed a breakout season, finishing fourth in rushing yards, fifth in total yards from scrimmage, and first in the NFL with 20 touchdowns. A combination of finesse and power, McCoy is ready to take center stage.
Of course, this is only the first round of a long, grueling, some would say pointless tournament. Examining the field, you’d have to think Tim Tebow is the favorite to win this thing. Either Victor Cruz or Jason Pierre-Paul could make some noise for the Super Bowl Champs, and my dark horses are Calvin Johnson and Cam Newton.
Better hurry — voting for the first round only lasts until… March 21? Ughhh FANTASTIC!
>> Vote here
|Scott B on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
|willh888 on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
|Mark432 on Jonathan Papelbon’s ugly…|
|Andy Schreiber on Here’s a lovely Winter W…|
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages