Sep 20, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Call me an Andy Reid apologist, but I found it hard to be overly upset about the Eagles’ 26-16 loss on Thursday mainly because Big Red was so damn happy about it. Between the standing ovation a beautiful Philly crowd gave the head coach of 14 years and the Gatorade shower the Chiefs players gave him as the final seconds ticked down, well… good for him.
It’s not like expectations are soaring for the Birds anyway.
Perhaps the most surreal moment occurred after the game though, when our own Derrick Gunn cornered Andy for an interview on Post Game Live. As the headline promises, Reid pulls D-Gunn in and gives him a smooch right on the forehead. Gunner is a veteran reporter, but that had to be a first for him—especially from Andy Reid.
Nice to see you, Andy. Good luck and all, but I hope we don’t hear much from you until four years from now.
|Billl on New Logo for Citizens Bank = H…|
|twpguy1964 on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|andrewm on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|richie on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money