Oct 1, 2012, 3:23 AM EST
It was a truly special night at the Linc, and not because the Birds took care of business by dispatching the rival Giants (although that was swell, too). After returning to Philadelphia this summer to retire as a member of the Eagles, Brian Dawkins was added to franchise’s hall of fame and had his iconic number 20 retired on Sunday night in a halftime ceremony.
In case you weren’t on hand to witness it or watching live on PhiladelphiaEagles.com — and really, even if you were — we bring you the full celebration below.
Dawkins also spoke in front of fans before the game, which you can check out at the top, and was even introduced during pregame, actin’ a fool on his way out of the tunnel while donning his midnight green jersey one last time. At long last, it was a great and proper send-off befitting of one of the city’s all-time great players. And, no, Brian Dawkins — thank you.
Next up: Canton.
Many thanks to the poster of this video. For a higher-quality version, head on over to PE.com.
|Joseph on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
|jpeezo on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|Matt S. on Eagles officially the hottest…|
|SadKumquat on Peter King: Eagles ‘the disapp…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages