Nov 21, 2011, 2:55 PM EDT
Juan Castillo’s defense has not been known for its hard hitting attitude this season. Or for anything in a real positive light, for that matter. But there have been a few guys who appear to bring it every week. Guys like Cullen Jenkins.
Jenkins has been one of the more open and honest players in the Eagles’ locker room after their ugly losses — placing the blame where it belongs while also owning up to the fact that this team needed to play better.
He’s also the guy who delivered perhaps the best hit of the Eagles season last night when he knocked Giants running back D.J. Ware out of the game with a concussion on a play you’d expect the tackle to be completely out of. Cris Collinsworth and the NBC crew did a nice job showing Jenkins rush Eli Manning only to see him dump a short pass off to Ware but the defensive tackle continued to pursue the play all the way downfield and lay the vicious blow on Ware. Nasty stuff. [video below]
Collinsworth pointed out that it was a clean hit further exemplifying I really have no grasp of what is clean and what is helmet-to-helmet. One thing I do know though: Jenkins JACKED HIM UP.
CAPTION: Nov 20, 2011; East Rutherford, NJ,
USA; New York Giants running back D.J. Ware (28) is hit by Philadelphia
Eagles defensive tackle Cullen Jenkins (97) during the second
quarter at MetLife Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Andrew Mills/The
Star-Ledger via US PRESSWIRE
|aspohr89 on It doesn’t matter what w…|
|Tom on Union have real chance to make…|
|Craig on It doesn’t matter what w…|
|t800m101 on Interesting theory on Jake Vor…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money