Jul 28, 2012, 1:57 AM EDT
We brought you this glorious shot of a young Santa Claus on Friday, but now return with video of Jason Kelce explaining — well actually sort of shouting — the motivation for his remarkable beard.
Turns out it’s a tribute to the great Viking warriors of the Middle Ages who “didn’t wear armor, because they weren’t scared of swords.” That’s a direct quote.
Kelce says he was first introduced to the idea by a former teammate — ex-Eagles fullback Owen Schmitt.
Watch as Amy Fadool’s perfectly reasonable question receives an even more reasonable response from the profusely sweating second-year pro, who you will swear is about to charge out of your monitor and pillage your home. Oh, and John Smallwood evidently saw The Avengers — or at least the trailer.
Bear in mind, Owen Schmitt is also the guy best known for this little incident:
And, yes, Kelce did say the word “Berserker.” Language NSFW.
|BenE. on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|MikeD on The Secret Service once threat…|
|Jason R. on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|your a fool on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money