Aug 14, 2012, 2:38 AM EST
Lehigh was abuzz late Monday afternoon after a collision sent shockwaves through the Eagles secondary. Nnamdi Asomugha was motionless on the field for a couple minutes, and eventually was carted away after he and Nate Allen slammed into each other during a live practice at Birds training camp. Thankfully though, it appears it may have looked a lot worse than it actually was.
Asomugha suffered a lacerated lip and has a sore neck according to the Inquirer’s Jeff McLane. Additionally, CSN is reporting the cornerback never lost consciousness, and would later go on to pass a concussion test. [video below]
A head injury was the primary concern after a dazed Asomugha was able to climb into a cart without assistance. Any lingering neck injury would still be potentially significant, but no word yet on any lasting effects.
The collision occurred on an errant Vick pass down the sidelines. From the video we have, it appears both Asomugha and Allen went airborne for the ball when they ran into one another. Their momentum found them lying on the turf about 10 yards apart.
Allen was shaken up as well, but did not miss any practice time. Here’s the video, with the third-year safety explaining exactly what went down.
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Mostel on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|db21 on Please don’t use the wor…|
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages