May 20, 2013, 5:19 PM EST
Brandon Boykin stands only 5-foot-10, but don’t let his size fool you. The Eagles’ second-year cornerback also happens to be a high-flying, slam-dunk artist as well, a talent that was on full-display for a group of Birds fans over the weekend.
During the offseason, the Eagles typically go around to a few regional high schools and challenge the teachers in basketball (the latest of which appears to have been held at Muhlenberg High School in Berks County on May 18). Based on the video Tweeted out by BountyBowl, this year’s group of ballers features the likes of Nick Foles, Jeremy Maclin, Jason Avant, and Connor Barwin among others.
Boykin clearly looked like the star of show however. Watch as No. 22 collects Avant’s scoop pass off of the backboard in mid-air for the reverse jam, or when he rises above the rim to grab a rebound and effortlessly throws it down.
videos by RoidRage29
And this is just the tip of the iceberg. Turns out Boykin has been turning heads with his hops since he himself was still in high school. Check out these even more impressive slams from a dunk contest back in 2009.
A fourth-round pick in 2012, Boykin did not participate at the NFL Scouting Combine due to an injury, so we were not fully aware of his amazing leaping ability. He’s coming off of a solid rookie season as the Eagles’ nickel corner, so Chip Kelly may want to ask the young man rein it at these exhibitions, you know, so he doesn’t get hurt.
Very impressive stuff though.
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Cuban on We’re comparing Michael…|
|2sentz on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|ochospantalones on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages