Apr 12, 2012, 2:15 PM EST
But in which league? NFL? UFL? Arena?
In an interview with KILT radio in Houston (via PFT), Vince Young admitted he ‘definitely’ still looks at himself as a starting quarterback in the NFL, and said he would be willing to compete for a job if that is what another team requires of him. Young also claimed that’s why he is no long a member of the Eagles.
According to VY, he approached Andy Reid about returning to the Birds for a second season, but the head coach essentially told the former backup quarterback he is too good for that role.
I can truly understand that and they wanted to give Mike Kafka a little more of a chance to go out and compete and backup up Mike Vick but basically he didn’t see me backing up again. He felt like I should be starting somewhere and playing so that’s just the respect he had for me and saw the hard work that I put in to get better as quarterback last year with those guys.”
I don’t know about you, but I picture Howie and Joe spying on Vince and Andy’s conversation from the next room, whispering over stifled laughter, “He’s buying it! He’s buying it!”
Young was also asked about the infamous remarks he delivered last summer, words that some might describe as his legacy in Philadelphia. Go figure, he gave something of a baffling response as he attempted to walk back those statements.
Let me see if I got this straight. VY didn’t mean the Eagles were like a ‘dream team,’ he meant they were like Five Guys, and the dream was mayo, lettuce, pickles, and hot sauce. I think. I don’t know, I’ve never had a dream about a burger before.
In all seriousness, Young’s stint with the Eagles wasn’t as bad as it will be remembered, amassing a 1-2 record as a starter.
VY shook off the rust to lead a game-winning, 18-play drive against the Giants at the Meadowlands, then threw for 400 yards the following week in an embarrassing loss to the Patriots — one that was hardly the fault of play under center. However, a four interception performance a few days later in Seattle sealed public opinion on Young.
It would seem that stretch was not enough to impress other teams around the league, as Young remains unsigned for the time being. He was never really a great fit here though, having a shortened offseason to learn a complicated offense that did not suit his strengths.
Either way, nobody will miss his commentary about ‘dream teams’ and ‘burgers.’
>> Vince Young Still Looks at Himself As a Starting QB [Sports Radio Interviews]
|Mark432 on Jonathan Papelbon’s ugly…|
|Andy Schreiber on Here’s a lovely Winter W…|
|Chris on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|erzug on Video: Sean Couturier is too m…|
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages