Sep 7, 2011, 3:23 PM EDT
So much for Danny Watkins being the most NFL-ready lineman in this year’s draft. The Eagles didn’t officially announce it — why would Andy Reid want to tell you what he’s going to do? — but Danny Watkins has been benched in favor of newly acquired waiver pickup Kyle DeVan.
Obviously the abbreviated training camp and lack of OTAs contributed to Watkins slow start, but regardless, it’s not a great sign. He had said earlier in the week that he was feeling a bit overwhelmed.
Hopefully it’s a short term move, and Watkins can reclaim the job later this season once hes had a chance to get his feet in under him.
In other Eagles news, the team brought back corner Joselio Hanson today after cutting him over the weekend. This appears to be a financial decision as Hanson will now likely make less money. Second-year player Trevard Lindley was cut to make room for Hanson.
Moving the Chains has more on the interesting stats that Joselio put up last year and why he may be the better fit over Lindley who many writers seemed to think didn’t really click with the Birds.
|wholesale Senior Bow… on ‘Who’s That Guy?…|
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money