Jul 30, 2011, 3:48 PM EDT
I’m not sure about you, but I am still trying to process the Nnamdi Asomugha signing. Reactions to the shock deal have been pouring in from local, out of market, and national writers alike. There’s no shortage of opinions on the marquee free agent deciding to sign here in Philly.
My favorite reaction comes from Jerry Jones, who found out about the signing during a live radio interview. Skip to the 15:45 mark to hear the disbelief in Jones’ voice as he refuses to believe Asomugha actually signed with the Eagles. Jones was convinced that he would have been notified before any deal was in fact finalized. Sorry, Jerry.
Former NFL defensive back Matt Bowen, who writes for The National Football Post, breaks down how Asomugha will fit into Juan Castillo’s defense.
More links after the Jump…
Kerry Byrne, who contributes to Sports Illustrated’s Cold Hard Football Facts, believes the Eagles have found the answer to their glaring red zone deficiencies on the defensive side of the ball.
Jason Cole from Yahoo! believes the signing of Asomugha makes the Eagles instant Super Bowl favorites.
A quartet of writers from NFL.com, including Jason LaCanfora, react to the news of Asomugha landing in Philly.
Hall of Fame writer Ray Didinger believes Asomugha came to Philly because the Eagles have a chance to win now. My favorite line from R-Diddy’s story…” This was like stealing a Picasso from the Museum of Art right before closing time.”
With three Pro Bowl corners on the roster some believe the Eagles will look to move Asante Samuel. Jeff McLane writes that while Samuel does not want to move the Eagles have been fielding calls.
Reuben Frank also checks in on what the move may mean for Asante Samuel’s future in Eagle green. Roob writes, “A year after the Eagles used Ellis Hobbs, Dimitri Patterson and Joselio
Hanson as starting cornerbacks, a guy with 49 career interceptions,
eight touchdowns and four Pro Bowl appearances could very well be
Photo Credit:Mark J. Rebillas, US Presswire
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money