Jul 30, 2011, 3:48 PM EST
I’m not sure about you, but I am still trying to process the Nnamdi Asomugha signing. Reactions to the shock deal have been pouring in from local, out of market, and national writers alike. There’s no shortage of opinions on the marquee free agent deciding to sign here in Philly.
My favorite reaction comes from Jerry Jones, who found out about the signing during a live radio interview. Skip to the 15:45 mark to hear the disbelief in Jones’ voice as he refuses to believe Asomugha actually signed with the Eagles. Jones was convinced that he would have been notified before any deal was in fact finalized. Sorry, Jerry.
Former NFL defensive back Matt Bowen, who writes for The National Football Post, breaks down how Asomugha will fit into Juan Castillo’s defense.
More links after the Jump…
Kerry Byrne, who contributes to Sports Illustrated’s Cold Hard Football Facts, believes the Eagles have found the answer to their glaring red zone deficiencies on the defensive side of the ball.
Jason Cole from Yahoo! believes the signing of Asomugha makes the Eagles instant Super Bowl favorites.
A quartet of writers from NFL.com, including Jason LaCanfora, react to the news of Asomugha landing in Philly.
Hall of Fame writer Ray Didinger believes Asomugha came to Philly because the Eagles have a chance to win now. My favorite line from R-Diddy’s story…” This was like stealing a Picasso from the Museum of Art right before closing time.”
With three Pro Bowl corners on the roster some believe the Eagles will look to move Asante Samuel. Jeff McLane writes that while Samuel does not want to move the Eagles have been fielding calls.
Reuben Frank also checks in on what the move may mean for Asante Samuel’s future in Eagle green. Roob writes, “A year after the Eagles used Ellis Hobbs, Dimitri Patterson and Joselio
Hanson as starting cornerbacks, a guy with 49 career interceptions,
eight touchdowns and four Pro Bowl appearances could very well be
Photo Credit:Mark J. Rebillas, US Presswire
|Jon on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
|TS on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
|duffman on Video: If Chip Kelly calls a […|
|33 on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages