May 2, 2011, 1:47 PM EST
Just a quick pulse-taking among the Philadelphia faithful—which of the following do you think the Eagles will do in the first round of the NFL Draft tonight?
(A) Make a selection at 23
(B) Trade up
(C) Trade down
If you pick A, let us know which player or position you think they’ll target.
Two well-known draft experts, Mike Mayock and Mel Kiper, each have the Eagles taking Gabe Carimi, OL, Wisconsin, with the obvious caveat that most mock drafts are done without trades involved. Others like a DB with this pick, possibly Jimmy Smith out of Colorado. Meanwhile, despite the prevalence of NFL experts and media agreeing with the Carimi pick or at least some other offensive lineman, CSN’s Eagles beat Reuben Frank emphatically says not to expect the Birds to go O-line if they stay at 23.
In other words, who the hell knows. The fact that the Eagles may be as likely to trade their pick as select at 23 kinda illustrates how little predictive value most mock drafts have.
They can still be pretty fun though, as are the big nights themselves. Not even the confusion over the labor situation can spoil draft day for me, although I do wish there were a few more certainties upon which a methodical front office such as the Eagles’ could base their moves. Or maybe all the confusion will somehow benefit them. Yep, I’m about as full of definitive information as a mock draft of mascots.
Kulp will be along shortly with your proper Draft Night thread…
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return