Oct 16, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
Over the last two seasons, there hasn’t been a whole lot of winning football in this city.
Dating back to the start of last year, the two teams that call the Linc home — the Philadelphia Eagles and the Temple Owls — are a combined 11-25.
“I don’t know if Lincoln Financial Field is cursed, but us and the Eagles haven’t won for a while,” Temple senior safety Abdul Smith said Tuesday.
In fact, it’s been more than one calendar year — 375 days — since either team has won a regular-season game at home.
The last time one did: Temple defeated South Florida, 37-28, on Oct. 6 of last year.
The Eagles haven’t won at home since they beat the Giants, 19-17, on Sept. 30, 2012, a Sunday night matchup in Week 4.
That’s 14 straight losses for the home team, the most since Lincoln Financial Field opened in 2004. It’s actually 15 in a row if you count Army, which was nominally the “home team” in its loss to Navy last December.
The Eagles’ eight straight defeats at home represent the longest active streak in the NFL. Tampa Bay is up to six.
The Owls’ six straight home losses are the most they’ve endured since dropping nine straight from 2004-2006, the year the program was almost abandoned to Al Golden’s first season.
The two teams haven’t won at home in the same weekend since Oct. 16-17, 2010, when Temple beat Bowling Green and Kevin Kolb beat the Atlanta Falcons.
All of which leads us to this weekend, when Temple (0-6) hosts Army, and the Eagles (3-3) take on the Cowboys.
Somebody has to win … eventually … right?
|MJS on Video: All hell breaks loose a…|
|baxter097 on Stop blaming Claude Giroux for…|
|galasso2586 on Video: All hell breaks loose a…|
|t800m101 on Video: All hell breaks loose a…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages