Oct 16, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Over the last two seasons, there hasn’t been a whole lot of winning football in this city.
Dating back to the start of last year, the two teams that call the Linc home — the Philadelphia Eagles and the Temple Owls — are a combined 11-25.
“I don’t know if Lincoln Financial Field is cursed, but us and the Eagles haven’t won for a while,” Temple senior safety Abdul Smith said Tuesday.
In fact, it’s been more than one calendar year — 375 days — since either team has won a regular-season game at home.
The last time one did: Temple defeated South Florida, 37-28, on Oct. 6 of last year.
The Eagles haven’t won at home since they beat the Giants, 19-17, on Sept. 30, 2012, a Sunday night matchup in Week 4.
That’s 14 straight losses for the home team, the most since Lincoln Financial Field opened in 2004. It’s actually 15 in a row if you count Army, which was nominally the “home team” in its loss to Navy last December.
The Eagles’ eight straight defeats at home represent the longest active streak in the NFL. Tampa Bay is up to six.
The Owls’ six straight home losses are the most they’ve endured since dropping nine straight from 2004-2006, the year the program was almost abandoned to Al Golden’s first season.
The two teams haven’t won at home in the same weekend since Oct. 16-17, 2010, when Temple beat Bowling Green and Kevin Kolb beat the Atlanta Falcons.
All of which leads us to this weekend, when Temple (0-6) hosts Army, and the Eagles (3-3) take on the Cowboys.
Somebody has to win … eventually … right?
|2sentz on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|Mike on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Jason R. on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return