Nov 11, 2012, 11:28 PM EST
In the hyper-competitive world of the NFL, where coaches work obscene hours, and playbooks are thicker than phone books, there’s not a lot of monkey business when it comes to preparing for game day. Dallas defensive coordinator Rob Ryan needed a go-to play for his trip to Philadelphia though, and according to his play chart, he was calling Pat’s King of Steaks if the Cowboys found themselves in a pinch. That’s only a partial exaggeration, by the way.
As you can see below, Ryan dedicated a sizeable portion of his chart to an advertisement for the popular steak shop – literally! Still no word on whether he likes ‘em wit or wit-out though.
Rob of course is the son of former Eagles’ head coach Buddy, and looks like he is no stranger to the guilty pleasure that is our cheesesteak, so he probably knows a thing or two about the local establishments. But what’s the Pat’s logo doing on there? According to ESPN’s Darren Rovell, Ryan does it for fun when he’s on the road, and the advertising is free.
It would’ve been nice if the Cowboys had given Pat’s a call before the game. Maybe a few sandwiches could have slowed down a defense that knocked Michael Vick out of the game and forced rookie Nick Foles into a pair of turnovers. Ah, well. Let’s go eat.
— darren rovell (@darrenrovell) November 11, 2012
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Cuban on We’re comparing Michael…|
|2sentz on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|ochospantalones on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages