Sep 27, 2012, 12:52 AM EST
And all it took for a deal to get gone was for the replacement officials to RUIN EVERYTHING.
I don’t know what the refs got, and I don’t care. What I do care about is the lockout has ended, and competent, properly trained officials will be on the field tonight. That’s right, folks, they’re not wasting any time.
I suppose thank yous are in order to the Green Bay Packers for taking the bullet for the rest of the league’s 31 franchises. Sorry it couldn’t have been Dallas.
Actually, I stopped myself from making a similar remark right after the Monday night debacle in Seattle. Sure, we would’ve had a laugh at the Cowboys’ expense, but nobody deserves to have a game flat stolen from them like that, not over this nonsense.
Anyway, at least the viewing experience should go back to normal. The most infuriating aspect of this (besides, you know, Monday night) was all the delays that were a direct result of the replacements’ confusion and inability to maintain control. Football is a great sport, but I haven’t heard the demand for longer games.
That stuff should rear its ugly head far less often, so your DVR will actually record Michael Vick’s next game-winning touchdown drive. Unless, of course, it occurs during overtime…
But it’s settled. I guess now everything will be back to normal soon enough — which means complaining about all the blown calls by the regular officials.
|joe skal on Photo Essay: Patrick Chung wre…|
|BenE. on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|Mick on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|mike on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages