Oct 16, 2013, 10:55 AM EST
Nick Foles was named the NFC offensive player of the week this morning after his impressive performance leading the Philadelphia Eagles to victory down in Tampa over the weekend.
Also impressive is the rate at which Foles has been throwing interceptions. Which is to say not very frequently. knockonwood
CSN’s Reuben Frank takes a look at Foles ability to keep the ball out of the hands of defenders and where it ranks among QBs throughout their first two seasons in the league.
Since making his NFL debut in relief of an injured Michael Vick against the Cowboys at the Linc last Nov. 11, Foles has just five interceptions in 326 attempts.
That’s one every 65.2 pass attempts. And that is exceptional.
Among quarterbacks with at least 250 pass attempts in their first two years, Robert Griffin III (one every 60.2 attempts), Mark Brunell (one every 53.3), Shane Matthews (one every 48.9) and Vick (one every 48.5) round out the five least interception-prone QBs through two seasons.
Pretty good from the young guy.
As for Sunday’s starter against Dallas? There’s no official word out of the NovaCare Complex but all signs seem to be pointing in Foles direction.
This is what Mike had to say yesterday:
|SteveBrown on Photo Gallery and Tweets: Linc…|
|Joseph on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
|jpeezo on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|Matt S. on Eagles officially the hottest…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages