Mar 21, 2013, 4:24 PM EST
Most of the Philadelphians I know love two things a whole lot: baseball and beer. Put them together and it usually results in a couple of cold ones in the parking lots down in South Philly before a game in the summertime. But finding a convenient, easy-drinking, and delicious beer isn’t always as simple as you’d hope.
Enter Sly Fox’s Helles Golden Lager which for the first time ever will be available in a can which has what they’re calling a “360 lid” that actually tears all the way off so it drinks like a glass and lets you get the full and enjoyable bouquet.
Here’s what the local Pottstown/Phoenixville brewer has to say about it on their website:
A German-style golden lager brewed with
imported German Pils malt and Saaz and Hallertauer hops. This
light-bodied beer offers a gentle, dry finish. A perennial favorite in
the Sly Fox pubs and our brewer’s go-to session beer. Helles Golden
Lager in a can offers wide open flavor and aroma.
Having spent some time in Munich for Oktoberfest drinking giant steins of beer, I came to really enjoy the helles style.
Prima Pikeland Pils has been a staple in our tailgating rotation. I’m willing to bet Matt P. and co. will be enjoying a few of these new Helles cans down in the lots in Chester this summer.
|Joe B on Photos: Temple Basketball will…|
|GregL190 on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|2sentz on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|MJS on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages