Jun 5, 2012, 1:29 PM EDT
There’s been a barrage of articles written about Jimmy Rollins’ production out of the leadoff spot as of late.
“I could really care less, actually,” Rollins said after the Phillies’ 4-3 loss to the Dodgers pushed the team’s record back to .500. “I was two millimeters away from enjoyment. I could really care less what they’re doing. It doesn’t bother me at all.”
“When you come from a family that talks trash . . . you stay to the grind,” Rollins said, recalling the days when his mother Gigi taunted him in competition. “I get it from her. It’s psychological warfare from the beginning before anything happens.
“Now, she has you thinking. The more you think, the more pressure you’re naturally going to put on yourself because you want to prove her wrong. OK, Gigi, do your thing? I used to practice in my room with my brother, so I’ve mastered psychological warfare.”
Rollins also points out how he’s faced criticism going all the way back to 2001 in regard to his plate approach and how he’s proved doubters wrong in the past:
“I also heard we couldn’t win a championship with me batting leadoff, and obviously that wasn’t true, so who cares? It comes with the territory.”
We should also mention how he smacked a triple in his next AB and, indeed, the couple millimeters difference did bring enjoyment to the crowd.
|Jim Anderson on Marlon Byrd claims Phillies ar…|
|kirk on Video proof that Wayne Simmond…|
|Andrew Kulp on Counting Down the Eagles’ Need…|
|Jim on Counting Down the Eagles’ Need…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return