May 22, 2012, 2:34 PM EDT
Phillies fans put just the right amount of effort into booing Washington Nationals phenom Bryce Harper on Monday night at Citizens Bank Park. They booed half-heartedly, which is right in line with how the Phillies have played all season long.
We point ths out because after Harper made a passing remark about hoping no batteries be tossed at him, the Phillies apparently had some extra security in place in right field for the game last night.
Nothing came of it, no incidents, nothing to see here. But the Washington Post pointed it out anyway and their article revealed what an awful human being Bryce Harper really is:
Before Monday’s game, Harper said all the politically correct things.
He even cited Philadelphia’s rich sports history, naming Mike Schmidt
and Julius Erving.
“They have a great fan base,” Harper said. “They really support their
teams in everything – NFL, NBA, NHL. Coming here to play is an awesome
feeling. It’s going to be a fun three days.”
Wait. Damn it. Now I’m confused…
The way he handled the plunking by Cole Hamels was spot on. His GM Mike Rizzo whined to the world about it and Harper was like, eh, it’s baseball.
Now he compliments our city as a great sports town.
I don’t know how I’m supposed to feel any longer…
::searches for cliches::
BUT HE STILL WEARS AWFUL EYEBLACK AND HAS A HAIRCUT BEFITTING AN EXUBERANT TEENAGER!
|Phil From Mt Airy on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return