Mar 26, 2012, 12:13 PM EST
Local artist David Jablow is back just in time for the start of another Phillies campaign with his fourth installment of Dugout Phunnies, an original comic book featuring your favorite Philadelphia baseball players and their sea shell collecting manager.
Here’s a sneak peak at what to expect in the new issue that goes on sale on April 1st. Hint: Charlie Manuel goes to space. No word on if there are any mountains.
From the website to go along with his comic, Jablow writes:
all-original Philadelphia Phillies comic book. For Issue 4, the guys
are headed into space to save the planet from an ominous alien threat.
Will Jim Thome remember how to fly the space shuttle? Will Doc wrestle
any space snakes? Will Mayberry and his super-science brain save the
day? Will Vanimal get the girl? Will Polly’s vast collection of Star
Wars memorabilia come in handy whatsoever? Issue 4 answers these
questions and more. But wait … it’s a two-part series with the
exciting conclusion to come later this summer? Yes, it is! How’s that
for a cliffhanger?
The preview absolutely makes you want to see the whole wacky tale. Charlie Manuel stumbles into a NASA space station while looking for sand dollars down in Florida during the offseason? Amazing. The Deathstar-like alien ship is shaped like a baseball bat and may try to hit the earth into the sun? Awesome. Placido Polanco has a Star Wars collection. Even better.
You can order issue No. 4 here and read about the Phillies adventures trying to fight aliens. No word if Jose Reyes makes an appearance.
|trishb on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|charlie d on Jonathan Papelbon’s ugly…|
|sfsu on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
|willh888 on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages