Jun 3, 2012, 6:36 PM EST
The Phils fell to the Marlins 5-1 on Sunday, missing out on an opportunity to win their third consecutive series, and more importantly, gain some ground on a divisional foe. I suppose the result was predictable. Joe Blanton is still prone to the long ball against literally anybody wielding lumber, serving up his ninth and tenth home runs in his last four starts, including one by the opposing pitcher for the second consecutive outing.
The news was not all bad after the game though. Phillies bench coach second baseman Chase Utley told reporters he’s hopping a plane for Clearwater on Monday, and this time he’ll be there to play baseball.
Utley will test the water with some extended spring training before presumably eventually joining the Threshers. As usual, timetable = none — nor has what position he might play in the field been addressed — but Chase appearing in any type of actual ball game will be a welcome sight.
|trishb on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|charlie d on Jonathan Papelbon’s ugly…|
|sfsu on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
|willh888 on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages