Apr 10, 2013, 1:26 PM EDT
Cliff Lee has talked in the past about really enjoying playing in the National League because he gets to be a baseball player and not just a pitcher. He echoed those sentiments again last night after helping his own cause at the plate once again, but he also got some high praise from his teammate Michael Young.
Young called Lee a “baseball player who pitches” and Cliff said he takes that as compliment. Lee went on to call hitting the funnest part of baseball.
“I enjoy hitting. It’s fun,” Lee said. “It’s the funnest part of baseball in my opinion. My job, I know, is a pitcher but I do come to the plate every time I pitch so I’m going to take that very seriously and do everything I can to help my team win.”
A reporter then suggested he may enjoy hitting more because we get to see his emotion when he reaches base as opposed to keeping his cool while working on the mound.
|Phil From Mt Airy on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return