Jun 16, 2011, 3:48 PM EST
That’s why fans pack Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia day after day, night after night, as the Phillies completed their longest homestand of the season this afternoon by winning their ninth game in eleven tries on the home turf.
Cliff Lee was simply fantastic, throwing his second complete game of the season, shutting out the Marlins and allowing only two hits on the day. Cliff flirted with a no-no into the fifth. Alas, history was not meant to be, but that didn’t prevent sheer awesomeness from prevailing.
“His command was the biggest difference,” Charlie Manuel said of Lee. “Today he moved the ball around really good.”
Lee added a few points to the Four Aces hitting competition as well, by ripping an double in the fourth inning. That was all Clifton Phifer needed.
And the Phillies head out onto the road winners of seven in a row. The offense is finding its groove and the pitching staff is dominating exactly how we all expected them to.
24 innings pitched, 3-0 record, and one earned run in three games. That’s how Cliff pitched during this 11-game homestead. Sick numbers.
Off to Seattle for some West Coast AL action.
One real interesting note after the game: Ruben Amaro Jr. has announced that J.C. Romero has been designated for assignment to make room for Vance Worley, who will start this weekend in Seattle.
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|db21 on Connor Barwin says Eagles used…|
|2sentz on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages