Feb 13, 2012, 12:48 AM EDT
The baseball cap that rapper Lil Wayne wore during his performance at the Grammy Awards on Sunday night appeared to be a Philadelphia Phillies hat.
We went to the tape, rewinding the segment of the awards show where Wayne rapped alongside Chris Brown and DJ-something-or other, to see if it was indeed a Phillies ‘P’ on his lid. The television footage proved to be inconclusive. It could have been a Phils’ cap — he has rocked an Eagles cap in the past — but we still weren’t sure. It certainly had some resemblance to one.
Thankfully, WireImages.com posted the photo you see to your right of Wayne wearing the very hat in question at last night’s show.
I guess he doesn’t want to play for the Eagles next season.
We’d now like our wasted 30 minutes of life spent investigating this mistaken case of “Someone Famous Wore Philly Gear Once” back.
From the Level Archives:
|tcclark on Andrew MacDonald’s contract pa…|
|psudrozz on Mason out: Ray Emery is your F…|
|DenverFlyer on Mason out: Ray Emery is your F…|
|Bob on Mason out: Ray Emery is your F…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money