Jun 10, 2011, 11:58 AM EDT
First, the Miami Heat knock the Sixers out of the playoffs, then the Dallas Mavericks go out and print almost identical t-shirts that the Sixers used during their short-lived playoff run. As Twitter friend Aaron Horton pointed out, the Sixers got straight “swagger-jacked.”
Now, to be fair to the Mavericks, while the image on the shirt is almost identical, the idea appears to be quite different.
The Sixers’ team rallying cry this season, started by guard Lou Williams, was somewhat based on Doug Collins showing love for his team. Lou Will turned this into a hand-sign — something that looks like an ‘L’ for love — which was later turned into a team slogan heading into the post-season and was printed up on t-shirts, used in commercials, turned into twitter hashtags #showyaluv, etc.
Luv was shown for the Philly boys.
The Mavericks seem to be coming from a different direction. For anyone who has seen Inglorious Bastards, Americans and Germans do not use the same hand sign to demonstrate the number three. As NBA fans know well, Dirk Nowitzki is the German Moses and has been known to flash the three finger sign after hitting a huge tres.
The differences seem pretty clear, but Lou Williams isn’t happy about having his swagger jacked and tweeted as much last night, saying “Y’all gon take our whole thing huh?” while posting a photo of the Mavs t-shirt.
I only saw this because fellow Twitter friend Arron retweeted Lou Williams tweet. I am unable to see the thin-skinned scorer’s Twitter feed because he has me — as well as anyone who has ever laid any sort of criticism towards him — blocked.
What do you think? Does Lou Will have a valid argument to be upset with the Mavericks and their freshly printed t-shirts?
|findingclues4u on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Drew P on Video proof that Wayne Simmond…|
|Drew P on Flyers send down leading goal-…|
|KingOfNothing on Photo: Claude Giroux can do an…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return