Jun 10, 2011, 11:58 AM EST
First, the Miami Heat knock the Sixers out of the playoffs, then the Dallas Mavericks go out and print almost identical t-shirts that the Sixers used during their short-lived playoff run. As Twitter friend Aaron Horton pointed out, the Sixers got straight “swagger-jacked.”
Now, to be fair to the Mavericks, while the image on the shirt is almost identical, the idea appears to be quite different.
The Sixers’ team rallying cry this season, started by guard Lou Williams, was somewhat based on Doug Collins showing love for his team. Lou Will turned this into a hand-sign — something that looks like an ‘L’ for love — which was later turned into a team slogan heading into the post-season and was printed up on t-shirts, used in commercials, turned into twitter hashtags #showyaluv, etc.
Luv was shown for the Philly boys.
The Mavericks seem to be coming from a different direction. For anyone who has seen Inglorious Bastards, Americans and Germans do not use the same hand sign to demonstrate the number three. As NBA fans know well, Dirk Nowitzki is the German Moses and has been known to flash the three finger sign after hitting a huge tres.
The differences seem pretty clear, but Lou Williams isn’t happy about having his swagger jacked and tweeted as much last night, saying “Y’all gon take our whole thing huh?” while posting a photo of the Mavs t-shirt.
I only saw this because fellow Twitter friend Arron retweeted Lou Williams tweet. I am unable to see the thin-skinned scorer’s Twitter feed because he has me — as well as anyone who has ever laid any sort of criticism towards him — blocked.
What do you think? Does Lou Will have a valid argument to be upset with the Mavericks and their freshly printed t-shirts?
|trishb on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|charlie d on Jonathan Papelbon’s ugly…|
|sfsu on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
|willh888 on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages