Jul 29, 2011, 9:02 PM EST
Once again, Ruben Amaro Jr. is showing that when he wants something, he goes out and gets it. FOX Sports Ken Rosenthal is reporting that the Houston Astros are close to a trade of outfielder Hunter Pence to the Phillies for highly regarded prospects 1B Jonathan Singleton, right-handed starter Jarred Cosart, and two players to be named later which are “not major prospects.”
While Cosart and Singleton are surely tough organizational pieces to lose, the initial gut reaction is relief that Dom Brown appears likely to remain on the Phillies.
CSN’s Jim Salisbury also reports that the deal could be done this evening.
UPDATE 1: Pence has been removed from the Astros game this evening, according to ‘Stros beat writer Brian McTaggart. This deal seems all but official at this point.
UPDATE 2: A Phillies source confirmed the deal with the Inquirer’s Bob Brookover.
UPDATE 3: Here’s Jim Salisbury’s story on the deal being completed.
|Chucky on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|Jay D on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
|Get Animax Ointment on Shocker: Some People in Baseba…|
|Chris on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages