Jan 27, 2012, 3:22 PM EST
Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah nah! Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah nah!
They’re not floor seats at the Lakers, but Will Smith is set to sit courtside a the Wells Fargo Center this evening in South Philadelphia as the Sixers take on the Charlotte Bobcats. After becoming a part owner of the franchise when Josh Harris and his group purchased the team from Ed Snider this summer, tonight will be the Fresh Prince’s first time watching Doug Collins’ boys up close and courtside.
Coach Collins was asked about Smith being in the building this evening. Turns out, Doug admires Hitch’s catalogue.
“I’ve always been a huge fan of his. I like his music, I like his acting. I love his energy,” Collins said of the star of such hits as Bad Boys, Bad Boys II, and Blossom.
“I know he loves basketball,” Collins said. “Let’s face it, we are a celebrity culture. I know we do TNT games and we’d do celebrity packages, who’s at the game, if certain people are at the game it must be a big game. So it’s nice to have Will here. We hope we’ll get him connected to where he loves his team. We know he loves Philly. We want him to love his team.”
Collins went on to point out that athletes and celebrities would often love to flip roles in a heartbeat.
“Will would probably like to play tonight and our players would probably like to rap.”
We sure know Lou Williams would. But even the coach himself?
“Everybody loves music. I’d love to get on stage and sing to but that would be a disaster,” Collins closed with.
Let’s hope Doug sticks to the coaching. Let’s hope Lou Williams sticks to the last-second shot taking. And, I guess, let’s hope Will Smith sticks to whatever it is he does in Hollywood.
I’m sure he’ll get quite a warm welcome this evening in South Philly.
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|db21 on Connor Barwin says Eagles used…|
|2sentz on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages