Nov 6, 2013, 1:57 PM EDT
Julius Erving was a guest on Comedy Central’s The Colbert Report last night to help promote his new book Dr. J, The Autobiography.
The book has already made some waves for revealing that one of the reasons the good Doc had a child outside of marriage is because the young lady he impregnated had some sort of braces/head-gear contraption that made oral sex out of the question.
You can check out an except from the book over at Grantland or watch Dr. J go head to head with Stephen Colbert last night in a battle of paper ball trashcan shooting for the ages.
The only disappointing thing about the clip is that when losing to Colbert, Doc didn’t make some witty quip about wanting to see Stephen dunk one.
And here’s a web only clip in which Erving talks about an actual game of hoops that was set to take place about six years ago pitting Dr. J and Barack Obama up against Stephen Colbert and Kareem Abdul Jabbar in a game refereed by Terry Bradshaw. For real, they say this almost took place, but it had to be canceled due to the then senator’s schedule.
Think of all the lost blog pageviews. :(
|Eng E on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|JJ on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|nahroots on Ryan Howard suddenly off to on…|
|Howie on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money