Feb 22, 2012, 12:26 PM EST
Baggage? We’re talkin’ about baggage?
Yes, we’re talking about baggage. Or luggage, which Allen Iverson apparently wasnt’t a fan of bringing on the road during his NBA playing days, instead opting to buy a whole new set of clothing in each city that the Sixers played in.
At least that’s the story a former teammate of Iverson’s with the Philadelphia 76ers relayed to Forbes magazine.
Here’s the wallet-popping part:
reality, however, was an anecdote I received via a former teammate of
Iverson’s from his days with the Philadelphia 76ers. This player, raised
on a far higher standard of fiduciary responsibility, was amused and
stunned by “A.I.’s” money habits. He related how on many road trips
Iverson refused to carry baggage, evidently seeking to remain as
unencumbered from physical things as he was of basketball defenders.
Because of this habit, Iverson would buy a full selection of new
clothes, shoes, and other expensive items at each new destination with
rolls of cash he carried on his person. Moreover, upon departure, he
would leave all those goodies behind in his hotel room or just give them
Now, we’re all for ballers being ballers. But at a certain point balling simply turns into being a broke, unemployed former legend of the game.
If you ever wondered how someone could piss away $200 milliion in career earnings, I guess leaving luggage at home is certainly one way to help do it.
|brandonphilly on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|ifihad10weekstolives… on Sometimes you get kicked in th…|
|Andrew Kulp on 29th in the NHL in scoring, ha…|
|BenE. on Why the Flyers won the Talbot-…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages