Aug 6, 2011, 1:28 AM EST
Back in 2008 Shane Victorino made it clear to Dodgers pitcher Hiroki Kuroda that you do not throw at his head. Tonight, he made it clear to Giants pitcher Ramon Ramirez that it is not ok to throw at his back simply because you’re the defending the World Series Champions, down 8-2, and in the midst of getting embarrassed at home.
Shane was mad as hell and he wasn’t going to take it anymore. He tossed his bat aside, started towards the mound, and was temporarily restrained by home plate umpire Mike Muchlinski. All the while, Giants catcher Eli Whiteside was hopping up and down like he’d just freebased a Red Bull and speed.
Video (until it’s yanked by MLB) after the Jump…
Placido Polanco, who was on first at the time, joined the fray only to
be form-tackled by the completely over-stimulated Whiteside. Pushing and
shoving ensued, but no clean punches were landed.
Victorino, who in an effort to get involved in the fracas/brouhaha/melee/donnybrook forcibly shoved aside plate ump Muchlinski, surely is facing a
suspension. Ramirez and Whiteside will likely miss time as well.
Giants with a 9-2 win. Vance Worley picked up the win, his eighth, going
seven strong. Offensively, John Mayberry Jr. and Hunter Pence each went
yard for the second consecutive game. Victorino actually got the scoring
going with a solo shot off of Sanchez in the fourth.
Photo Credit: Kelley L Cox: US Presswire
|SteveBrown on Photo Gallery and Tweets: Linc…|
|Joseph on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
|jpeezo on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|Matt S. on Eagles officially the hottest…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages