Aug 6, 2011, 1:28 AM EDT
Back in 2008 Shane Victorino made it clear to Dodgers pitcher Hiroki Kuroda that you do not throw at his head. Tonight, he made it clear to Giants pitcher Ramon Ramirez that it is not ok to throw at his back simply because you’re the defending the World Series Champions, down 8-2, and in the midst of getting embarrassed at home.
Shane was mad as hell and he wasn’t going to take it anymore. He tossed his bat aside, started towards the mound, and was temporarily restrained by home plate umpire Mike Muchlinski. All the while, Giants catcher Eli Whiteside was hopping up and down like he’d just freebased a Red Bull and speed.
Video (until it’s yanked by MLB) after the Jump…
Placido Polanco, who was on first at the time, joined the fray only to
be form-tackled by the completely over-stimulated Whiteside. Pushing and
shoving ensued, but no clean punches were landed.
Victorino, who in an effort to get involved in the fracas/brouhaha/melee/donnybrook forcibly shoved aside plate ump Muchlinski, surely is facing a
suspension. Ramirez and Whiteside will likely miss time as well.
Giants with a 9-2 win. Vance Worley picked up the win, his eighth, going
seven strong. Offensively, John Mayberry Jr. and Hunter Pence each went
yard for the second consecutive game. Victorino actually got the scoring
going with a solo shot off of Sanchez in the fourth.
Photo Credit: Kelley L Cox: US Presswire
|Phil From Mt Airy on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return