Getting to Know the New Phillies: Laynce Nix Married a Cowboys Cheerleader, Still Needs a Tonga Wine Cooler
Feb 13, 2012, 11:36 AM EST
Here’s a brief bio on Laynce Nix. Outfielder. New Phillie. Left-handed bat. Career .244 hitter. Spells his name with a “y”. What’s with the “y” in Laynce? I have no idea. What I do know is that the guy is married to a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader.
Nix, who is from Houston, Texas, is pretty much a living, breathing caricature of a Texas athlete. He played quarterback at Midland High School in football-mad Texas. He was an all-area baseball player drafted by his home state Texas Rangers in the fourth round of the 2000 MLB draft.
And, the coup de grace, he grew up and married Cowboys cheerleader Brooke Sorenson.
More photos of Mrs. Laynce Nix after the Jump…
According to the blog she kept for DallsCowboysCheerleaders.com (the lengths I go to for our readers) Laynce is quite the catch. She writes:
“I am engaged, and my fiancé, Laynce Nix, and I will be getting married this November! Ahh…He is my perfect man. Laynce is such a blast to be around, so smart, and so sweet. God truly blessed us with an amazing, positive, and exciting relationship.”
If you are so inclined you can check out the rest of her blog posts here. She opines on everything from “Boyfriend Must Haves”, her summer to-do list, “Beauty Must Haves”, and her “Best Songs for a Great Cardio Workout!”
The two tied the knot in November in the Bahamas. Here’s a photo of the happy couple after the ceremony.
You can check out more wedding pics courtesy of their photographer’s website.
Here is a shot of Brooke from the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders calendar:
Oh, and if you are looking to get them a belated wedding gift they need one “Tonga Wine Cooler” from their Crate and Barrel wedding registry. It’s in stock and ready to ship.
|SteveBrown on Photo Gallery and Tweets: Linc…|
|Joseph on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
|jpeezo on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|Matt S. on Eagles officially the hottest…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages