Mar 11, 2013, 3:03 PM EDT
It’s been well over a year since we first heard about Jimmy Rollins making a guest appearance on FOX’s Family Guy-like comedy “The Cleveland Show.” Apparently they outsource cartoon drawings overseas and the turnaround is about as fast as Ryan Howard on the base paths.
Now, thanks to the Daily News, we’ve been alerted that the episode will finally air this weekend.
J-Roll joins fellow cartoon baseball players David Ortiz of the Red Sox and Joey Votto of the Cincinnati Reds in the above photo sent to us from the show’s staff.
Apparently the episode revolves around Cleveland moving his family out to L.A. so he can fulfill his dream of becoming a baseball scout. That according to the DN’s Molly Eichel.
“The Cleveland Show” Producer Kara Vallow has Philly roots and told me she had a fantastic time working with J-Roll when he was out in L.A. back in 2011 to record his part.
“Jimmy was a dream,” she said. “We shared a lot of memories of the Vet, although
mine go waaaay back and are less adorable, because he wasn’t a 9 year
old subjected to the abuses of the cheap seats.”
Ahh, memories of the 700 Level traverse the entire country.
You can tune in Sunday night at 7:30 pm on FOX to see the entire episode.
[PREVIOUSLY: Ryan and Chase get animated]
|galasso2586 on 3 Stars: Sloppy Flyers complet…|
|Marvin Monroe on 3 Stars: Sloppy Flyers complet…|
|Jason R. on Jason Akeson doesn’t deserve t…|
|that guy on Jason Akeson doesn’t deserve t…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money