Oct 18, 2012, 9:34 AM EDT
Hunter Pence failed to help his San Francisco Giants beat the St. Louis Cardinals on Wednesday night, finishing the night 0-4 at the plate. After the game, he put the blame on his own shoulders, calling himself the goat.
He also mentioned his former Phillies teammate giving him some advice about how to respond after a bad game. Oh, and he used another one of those food analogies he seems to love.
Stay hungry, my friend:
the goat today. I didn’t get the job done with big opportunities. And
I’m going to go home and learn from what happened, come back for a big
game tomorrow and be hungry.”
And on his pal Big Jimmer:
“Jim Thome said something to me earlier this year that I really liked. When he has a bad game he goes home and he gets better because of it. It makes him better. Hopefully I’m able to do that.”
Have you been keeping up with the NLCS at all? St. Louis now leads the series 2-1 over San Fran. Who are you pulling for?
|willh888 on New Eagles linebacker was Aber…|
|yishmeister on New Eagles linebacker was Aber…|
|red2gold on New Eagles linebacker was Aber…|
|deja vu on Cole Hamels essentially starte…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return