Nov 2, 2011, 10:55 AM EDT
As the old saying goes, if you can’t beat ‘em, get rid of the part of your ball park named after the opposing team’s second baseman who lead his team to a World Series Championship while your own franchise Ponzi-schemed your way to the dregs of MLB.
Or something. The Mets are officially mixing up the dimensions at CitiField to make it more hitter friendly. I look forward to John Smoltz’s comments on the changes.
An alternative theory? The lack of fan support in Flushing simply wasn’t paying the bills, so in an attempt to get more butts in the seats, the New York brass decided a few more home runs might do the trick.
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money