Nov 4, 2011, 7:12 PM EDT
Ol’ Jim Jam back with the Phillies. How about that.
Jim Thome has agreed to a one-year contract for the Phillies for an estimated $1.25 million, according to Jim Salisbury’s sources.
It remains to be seen what Thome has left in the tank while playing the field, but with Ryan Howard looking like he could miss the start of the season, a veteran slugger like Thome is worth a roll of the dice. If his fielding skills have diminished, he’s still one heck of a left-handed power bat off the bench. Not to mention his likability among the Philly fanbase. Big Jim is about as nice a guy as there is in the game.
And he’ll be back in Philadelphia next season. Your old Thome jersey is no longer a throwback.
Not surprisingly, Shane Victorino is stoked:
|eaglegreen on Mosher: DeSean Jackson’s…|
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return