Jul 31, 2012, 9:14 PM EDT
Sure, the Phillies may be in last place. And the Washington Nationals may be in first. But Bryce Harper looked more like a doofus rather than one of the best young players in baseball when he ran into the right field wall and tumblesaulted onto his back in the fourth inning on Tuesday night as a baseball lay motionless a dozen feet away in the outfield grass.
Jimmy Rollins touched ‘em all after ripping a ball off Stephen Strasburg. Harper lay motionless for a moment after hopping awkwardly into the wall. He eventually got up to retrieve the ball but it was too late. J-Roll didn’t even have to slide at home plate, good for his fourth career inside-the-park home run.
The Phillies tuned up the Nationals’ ace for 6 runs in 4.0 innings.
Cliff Lee knocked in a RBI and subsequently stole a base earlier in the game as well.
Oh yeah, and Kevin Frandsen (who?) hit a two-run home run, his first long ball since… 2007.
Enjoy the little things, Phillies fans. They’re all we have left this season.
…the Phillies lead 6-0 heading into the top of the 8th as of this posting…
Top Photo Caption: Philadelphia Phillies’ Jimmy Rollins (11) celebrates with teammates after Rollins hit a two-run home run in the fourth inning of a baseball game against the Washington Nationals, Tuesday, July 31, 2012, in Washington. (AP Photo/Carolyn Kaster)
|Eng E on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|JJ on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|nahroots on Ryan Howard suddenly off to on…|
|Howie on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money