Jun 20, 2011, 8:59 PM EDT
Jimmy Rollins attempt to hit a baseball further than any human in history was thwarted once already by a pesky injury in 2010, but the former NL MVP will be back at it on June 27th on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway in front of the historic Philadelphia Museum of Art.
According to the official Red Bull Philly Twitter feed, the Parkway will be shutdown from 10am to 2 pm next Monday as part of the Red Bull Ball Park Cranks 2011 promotion.
From the RedBullUSA.com site:
Rollins will also attempt to break the current Guinness World Record for
‘Longest Batted Ball’, which currently stands at 576 feet. The record
is for the greatest distance one individual can hit a batted baseball in
a legal manner with no restriction on equipment.
Jimmy will most definitely be swinging at the first pitch.
More info can be found here.
|psudrozz on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money