Jun 20, 2011, 8:59 PM EST
Jimmy Rollins attempt to hit a baseball further than any human in history was thwarted once already by a pesky injury in 2010, but the former NL MVP will be back at it on June 27th on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway in front of the historic Philadelphia Museum of Art.
According to the official Red Bull Philly Twitter feed, the Parkway will be shutdown from 10am to 2 pm next Monday as part of the Red Bull Ball Park Cranks 2011 promotion.
From the RedBullUSA.com site:
Rollins will also attempt to break the current Guinness World Record for
‘Longest Batted Ball’, which currently stands at 576 feet. The record
is for the greatest distance one individual can hit a batted baseball in
a legal manner with no restriction on equipment.
Jimmy will most definitely be swinging at the first pitch.
More info can be found here.
|brandonphilly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|Danimal on Nick Foles gets the Sports Ill…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages