Jul 23, 2012, 11:57 AM EST
The Phillies didn’t have the best weekend down at the ball park. They dropped two of three to the San Francisco Giants but did manage to find a way to salvage an extra-innings walk off win on Sunday.
The expected pitching duel between Cole Hamels and Matt Cain on Saturday didn’t go down as planned. Instead, the pair of aces traded home runs off each other. Cain has belted a few homers in his career, but Saturday marked the first time in Cole’s career he got the enjoyment of a leisurely stroll around the base paths.
In 2012, we’ve got to enjoy the little things. That was one sweet stroke from Cole.
Cole received a hearty ovation from the Citizens Bank Park crowd, well aware that they could have been watching him walk off the mound wearing a Phillies jersey in South Philly for the last time.
We hope not. We’d much rather see Hamels add to his home run total over the next half decade in Philly.
And more importantly, work on adding a few more red flags on the poles high above Ashburn Alley.
In lieu of a walkoff win, getting the chance to watch Hamels jog the bases was a nice consolation prize.
|ken bartlett on Biggest takeaway from Eagles S…|
|bryan on The ‘Group of Death…|
|Steve on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
|CantStanzaYa on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages