Oct 9, 2012, 5:23 PM EST
Former Philadelphia 76er and Caribbean Cruise passenger Manute Bol may no longer be with us but does have his son to carry on his basketball legacy.
Bol Bol (that is not a typo) is a 6-foot-5 seventh grader who — as evidenced by the video below via WithLeather — can shoot, put the ball on the floor, and obviously tower over pretty much anyone middle school can throw at him in the post.
The through-the-legs-and-then-behind-the-back recovery after losing his handle at the 37-second mark is everything you could ever want from watching a 13 year old ball.
His father spent three seasons with the Sixers from 1990 to 1992. Since he set the mark in his rookie year of 1985-86, no one has matched Bol’s single-season average of 4.96 blocks per game.
If there are luxury cruiseliners in Heaven, they surely all include Manute Bol.
The700Level on Facebook
|will on Drexel beats Villanova in huuu…|
|hatshop on CAKE CAKE CAKE: What taste bet…|
|Hiccup on Erik Kratz traded for Brad Lin…|
|drew on CAKE CAKE CAKE: What taste bet…|
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Dad Teaches Son Important Lesson by Letting Him Crash Bike Into Tree
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages