Nov 4, 2012, 11:35 AM EDT
While the Sixers seem to be keeping their plans to reintroduce a mascot on the back burner, the Brooklyn Nets went ahead and somehow created something that wasn’t a moose.
Sixers fans and watchers of the Atlantic Division at-large: meet the BrooklyKnight.
The Nets had their home opener at Barclays last night and dropped this guy in from the rafters (see picture right).
Brooklyn Knight —-> BrooklyKnight —-> Brooklynite
The Nets play in Brooklyn now. If you hadn’t noticed.
From the publisher’s description:
The BrooklyKnight will appear at all Brooklyn Nets home games and support his team against the invasion of opponents. He is equipped to handle almost any threat with a protective metal B on his chest, metal knee, elbow, and face coverings, defined muscles, including a six-pack, and a multi-functional cape. (emphasis my own)
Now tell me you didn’t already draw parallels between Doug Collins and King Arthur.
The Sixers tip off in New York at noon but they’ll be over at MSG with the Knicks. Fill out the rest of the Sixers’ Holy Grail roster as you will…
|al on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Eng E on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|JJ on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|nahroots on Ryan Howard suddenly off to on…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money