Apr 21, 2013, 7:38 PM EST
Saturday was Autism Awareness Night at Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia and as part of those proceedings, a youngster with autism named Joseph Dever trotted out to the mound with his oversized glove and threw one of the best first pitches we’ve ever seen.
First, he does the old glove to the face trick to communicate with someone about pitch selection (we assume), then he gets into a serious pitching position before balking to get the crowd pumped up. What a showman! Finally, after delivering a pretty decent pitch to the Phillie Phanatic, the kid makes your heart melt by imitating Brad Lidge’s legendary fall-to-his-knees celebration following the Phillies winning the World Series in Game 5 in 2008. But the cuteness doesn’t stop there, as one of his little lady friends runs out and tackles him to the ground. Amazing.
Thanks for that, Joseph. We all needed it. You rule.
|Marvin Monroe on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|somekat on Photo Essay: Patrick Chung wre…|
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|t800m101 on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages