Oct 31, 2012, 8:07 PM EST
In a surprise move by the Philadelphia 76ers organization, the team introduced their new mascot at their home opener on Wednesday night from the selection of three they had fans vote on during the 2011-12 season.
Phil E. Moose won in a landslide after Nick took the reins last year and really pushed for the antlers.
Okay, that’s not true. At least the part about the Sixers unveiling a new mascot on Wednesday night. But there was at least one moose in the bulding.
It’s Halloween and friend of the Level Aaron dressed up in a Phil E. Moose costume.
In case you need a refresher as to just who Phil E. Moose is as a person:
From the Phil E. Moose’s bio:
One of the
most regal animals to roam the wild, Phil E. Moose certainly fits that
bill, standing tall as he represents the Sixers (he stands over
seven-feet tall in fact, with the antlers). In his youth, Phil E. Moose
would often be seen dunking a basketball with ease, aided by his great
height. Throughout his high school, collegiate and professional games,
Phil E. Moose was a scoring star, and was excited to learn he had been
“traded” to the 76ers in order to entertain fans during games at the
Wells Fargo Center.
We regret to inform you that we have no information on an actual Sixers mascot.
Photos by Aaron for The700Level
|Matt S. on Eagles officially the hottest…|
|SadKumquat on Peter King: Eagles ‘the disapp…|
|JMRA on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|AJockStrapFeely on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages