Sep 14, 2011, 10:35 AM EST
The Phillies will kick off the 2012 season on Thursday, April 5th on the road in Pittsburgh, a destination close enough that could allow for a nice Philly fan presence. The Fightins will make their 2012 Citizens Bank Park debut against the renamed Miami Marlins on Monday April 9 in a 1:05 game.
Inter-league Road Trip Potential
East Coast road trips for inter-league games are always some of the most exciting of the season. Having made trips in recent years to Yankee Stadium and Fenway Park, it’s exciting to see Baltimore on the schedule for a weekend series in June 2012. In addition to an inter-league trip to Hamsterdam, the Phils will also travel to play games in which their pitcher will not have to bat in Toronto and Minnesota. The BAL>MIN>TOR trip will span from June 8-17.
Inter-league At Home
The Phillies will once again welcome the Red Sox to Philly in a weekend series in May (18-20). Tampa Bay will come to CBP for a three game set from June 18-21.
August At the Bank
The Phillies will have a 9-game home stand and a 10-game home stand in August at CBP.
After a weekend series at Miami on the final weekend of September, they’ll finish up the season on the road in Washington for the first three days of October. Not that the final few games of the year have been all that important in reason years.
Other Random Notes
The Phils will travel to San Francisco in April (16-18) for a mid-week series followed by a weekend set in San Diego (19-22 of April) and finishing up in Arizona (23-25). There are only two road games in Chicago this year and they’re mid-week at that (May 16-17) so that really puts a damper on the potential for one of the best road trips a baseball fan can make each year.
|dialectician on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|willh888 on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|mike on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
|No Hope on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages