Aug 22, 2011, 12:19 PM EST
Michael Schwimer’s MLB debut got off to pretty much as bad a start as possible, although I suppose he could have given up the home run to Danny Espinosa on his first pitch instead of the second. While the HR allowed certainly contributed in the loss, the good news is the youngster bounced back and pitched extremely well to everyone except that pesky Espinosa.
Crashburn Alley’s Bill Baer has a nice break down of all of Schwimer’s pitches from Sunday, noting that his slider can be quite a strikeout pitch.
Crashburn even goes so far as to say that the Phillies have found another “gem” of a reliever in Schwimer. Antonio Bastardo’s rise to new heights followed by Mike Stutes emergence have been two of the biggest stories of the Phillies 2011 campaign. Toss in the potential of Schwimer fortifying the young pen even further and there could be a whole lot of shutdown innings once starters exit games for years to come.
While Schwimer, after only one appearance obviously, looks like he may be on a nice ride from the minors to the bigs, we thought we’d point out things aren’t going so well for Dom Brown as he tries to readjust to the minors.
Here’s Schwimer talking about his MLB debut. The kid at least had a pretty good sense of humor about giving up his first home run on his second pitch ever in the majors.
|Trisha T on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|sw on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|Tyler on Vinny Lecavalier to miss at le…|
|willh888 on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages